Monday, June 30, 2008

FHE - Ladderball

Ladderball, real original name, right. I mean it looks like a ladder and there are balls involved, so let's name it Ladderball. That must have been an exciting marketing meeting to be in. "Ladderball, I love it. This is going to sell like hotcakes!!"


Anyhoo, we played Ladderball for Family Home Evening. It was fun, as I am sure you can see from the pictures. The basic jest of it, for those who have never had the opportunity to play Ladderball, is to throw your string of balls at the "Ladder" and hope that it swings around one of the "Ladder steps". 2 points for the blue one, 3 for the red and 1 for the yellow. Hallie and Sydney were team captains and got to pick the teams. The Blue team was Hallie, Me and Grandpa. The Red team was Sydney, Luke and Grandma. ( Dad was still inside sleeping preparing for his next overnighter with Nolan "guarding" fireworks. We all know that is just one expensive excuse to play xbox!!) Anyhoo, I am rambling. Back to Ladderball ( I think I just like saying Ladderball!). Again back to Ladderball. The blue team won. You make look at the teams and think that it was unfair. I mean Sydney, Luke and Grandma against Hallie, Me and Grandpa. But you would be wrong. The score ended at 21 - 15. Sydney and Grandma did great considering Luke didn't really even play. He just stood up close and pretend to throw the balls and then just wrapped them around the "Ladder". All in all it was fun and we got some good pictures.
Grandma and Grandpa throwing the balls. Notice Grandpa's tongue, this comes into play later.

Hallie's all business when she throws the balls.Then she has time to strike a pose. Who is that like?


Sydney has perfect form. Notice the foot in the air and her tongue.
Wow, she is amazing! She made it. I guess the perfect form paid off.

Luke is also concentrating hard. Again, notice the tongue.He basically walked right up to the "Ladder", threw the ball like a girl and then carefully placed the balls around the red "Ladder step". That is 3 points. He then yelled "I did it! I did it!!" Congratulations bud, you are amazing!!I just thought I would include some pictures of Jacob. This is right before I put his pajamas on and put him to bed. He is such a happy baby.

Again, notice the tongue.

This is Jacob watching us all play "Ladderball". I guess he is not immune to the ears either. Oh, well. I think all my kids are all adorable with the ears. If some one had to have them , I am glad it is them because they all pull it off so gracefully!!

As for the Tongue, apparently that is genetic too!!

3 comments:

the Cheerful Optimist said...

I love the pictures and the game but need we focus on the hereditary elements that come from Jacob's maternal great-great-grandparents. Poor Jacob!!!

Bryan said...

Looks like fun! Sorry I wasn't participating. Great Pics! You should take them more often. I have hardly any of Jacob

Kimber said...

Love the pictures! They kids are getting so big!