So I recently learned about Geocaching. Apparently, it is a huge thing. Basically, there are hidden geocaches ( army amo boxes) that you can find using GPS. Just go to www.geocaching.com and create an account. You can then search for geocaches near you to go find. Enter the coordinates in a GPS receiver and go hunting. Once you find the geocache you open it up to find all kinds of stuff. Mostly, there are dollar store toys. You can take one or some but then you have to leave something equal to what you took. We did this for Family Home Evening tonight. The kids loved it. There are at least 100 of these around the valley and they have them all over the world. It is crazy how huge this is. It is like going on a treasure hunt.
We told the kids we were going on a treasure hunt for FHE. Sydney asked what was in the treasure. I told her some toys and that she could pick something and then we would put something in it. She said "I bet there is money it." I said " Not in this one." She said "Mom it is a treasure, there has to be money it." I wish that is how it worked. We did not find money, but the kids where still excited to go hunting. I think we will try this again. Anyone, want to come next time??
Monday, June 23, 2008
GeoCaching - We Found it!!
Posted by Natalie at 9:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
That sounds like you guys had a fun time. That is a good idea to do with the family.
The real fun was the kids trying to decide on only one toy. They wanted everything. It was a fun time and I hope my picture turns up on my email so I can load it to my blog. Check my blog later.
That's a pretty cool idea!
I do wish there were better prizes and that I didn't have to leave something in return though.
I have to agree with Syd. If it's a treasure, where's my money?
Also, did you make the kids dress up like pirates? I think that should be a standard when you do this.
We actually found one that had a human child in it. He was asian and about 11 years old. He seemed to be in good health. I was for taking him and leaving Luke but the family voted to leave him and take the bouncy ball instead. I was going to name him Spock. Oh well, it was fun anyways.
Natalie, It sounds like a lot of fun. I wonder who thought this up and how crazy is that?
Sorry about Spock. I am thinking you should have taken him and left Pete (the dog) since he still rolls in manure. Of course I didn't ask if Spock does the same thing? I guess it you know what you get by keeping Pete.
Luke, coincedaently, also rolls in manure. Although it is his own feces he does not limit it to himself. He uses the walls and the floor. True story. So I'm thinking Pete is easier.
coincidently, Dang it, dang it, dang it! I hate when I forget to spell check!!!!!!!!!
Errr, I mean I meant to spell it that way....as a joke...ya...that's right as a joke. LOL!!!!!
Post a Comment