Tuesday, April 29, 2008

There's a BIRD in the House!!

Ok, this is a great story. A couple of days ago I went to throw a dirty diaper away in the garbage cans outside. When I opened the garage door our cat, MAX, started to come inside. I could tell he had some creature in his mouth so I quickly tried to stop him with my foot, because my hands were preoccupied with the dirty diaper. He was persistent and tried jumping over my foot, so I reached down with my other hand to try and block him. I got him by the tail, which forced him to open his mouth. In flew the bird. AHHHH! I didn't know it was alive. Being a calm and in control mother, I started yelling "There's a Bird in the House!! There's a Bird in the House!!" and I ran into my bedroom. Bryan, who just got out of the shower and is still in a towel, went to investigate. I proceeded to protect my youngest from the bird by closing the door to my Bedroom and patiently waiting. Bryan, the other 3 kids and Max where trying to catch the bird. Max caught it twice and then proceeded to play with it. Bryan was finally able to get the bird and let it go outside, while still in his towel. What a man!! With all the commotion I can't remember if I actually through the dirty diaper away or not. If I didn't I don't know what happened to it. We may really start to smell it in a couple of days. Anyway, we survived or rather I survived a bird in the house!!!

5 comments:

Bryan said...

I hope those pics of me in the towel don't ever get out on the internet. It would totally ruin my political career.

Princess Lisa said...

And all I could think was, "I hope someone got pictures of Bryan doing all of this in his towel."

Lonna said...

Nothing interesting ever happens at my house.
Bryan I am sorry, I published the photos before I knew you would care. I don't think anyone will see them. I published them on a website little know, a.... You Tube ???

the Cheerful Optimist said...

I've seen Bryan in a towel and it is a thing of beauty... The Towel that is.

Natalie said...

this IS NOT NATALIE lik it says.
anyway I rember that... what a day mom was yelling. the bird was hurt.
can you guss who it is? you gussed
it it's Hallie!