So we made it to Disneyland!! We checked into the Hotel and decided to get something to eat. It was about7:00pm Cali time. We started to drive towards Disneyland and the battery light on our car came on. Then all the lights started to dime. They where getting dimmer and dimmer. Bryan hurried and got us pulled over into a Hotel Parking Lot. We discovered that the bolt on the Alternator where the wire from the battery that attaches to was sheared off. Crazy!! We tried fixing it with another bolt but that did not work. Chris and Edna came to our rescue. They picked us up in Edna's sister's (Erica) Suburban and took us to Pep Boys. We bought a new battery and Alternator. Bryan replaced both and the car works like a champ!!
I do have to say that I was about to lose it when we were stuck again. I was almost in tears!! Looking back I know we were blessed because the battery light was coming on and off that last part of our trip from St. George to Anaheim. We were blessed we were not in the middle of nowhere when it decided finally to die. We were pretty close to our Hotel and Chris and Edna were able to help us!!
This is a picture of Bryan putting the engine back together.
This is a picture of the engine before he started so we could make sure it looked the same when we were done.This is a picture of the engine all apart. The red lines on the black is the gasket that we replaced on both sides.

3 comments:
Well I am glad that you guys were able to get close to the hotel. Also what a blessing it is to be watch over. We love ya and are glad you are back. We also can't wait to see pictures of the trip.
It's just so agravating when your car does not run like it is supposed to, thank goodness Bryan knows how to fix it! I also know that you were blessed to get into civilation before the car broke down, it's all the prayers that have been offered in your behalf!
Glad you are back safely!
A great job done with success. I am proud of you guys and how you handled all the challenges. You were watch over, for which Mom and I are grateful. You can now open your own mechanics business!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment