Sunday, January 11, 2009

Gynastics, Christmas and Luke's Birthday

So it has been crazy at our house since Thanksgiving. The last month has been a blur. Thus I have not done much blogging. I thought I would catch my blog up with the everything that happened. First GYMNASTICS.

Hallie and Sydney took gymnastics all semester and had their Parents night performance around Thanksgiving. Hallie can do cartwheels and back handsprings spotted by her coach. Sydney learned how to do a forward roll. They were fun to watch them, although I am going to go out on a limb and suggest noone in either class is going to the Olympics. I think they just like wearing the leotards.


Second: CHRISTMAS.

We had a good Christmas, even with all the sickness. We were all sick at some point during Christmas. We had fun but we were sad we didn't get to spend time with anyone. We didn't want to be the reason anyone else got sick so we kinda quarantined ourselves and stayed home for the week. We missed you all and now that we are all almost better (Bryan, Luke and Jacob are still sick) we hope to get together and play games or something.
Here is a picture of the kids on Christmas Eve. They always get pajamas and a stuffed animal with a book that tells a story about their stuffed animal. Christmas just isn't the same without new Christmas pjs. I am sure alot of people have this great tradition.

Another fun tradition is baking. Baking and the Holidays or synonymous. Everyone does and everyone shares it. We get all kinds of cookies and breads from neighbors and friends. Some are good and some are not so good. Mine are all good, of course. This is because of all the great help I get! Isn't Luke adorable in his apron!!


This is just a cute picture of Jacob, since He didn't help bake. He wasn't really into opening presents on Christmas. Just playing.

My mom has costumes to act out the Nativity. The kids got dressed up while I read the story of Christ's birth. As you can tell from the pictures they weren't really into it. Hallie wanted to be Mary, she did not want to be an angel. Abby would not dress up so Jacob got to be the wiseman. Kendra is the Joseph and Luke is the donkey (or 'Eeyore' as he called it). This was the week before Christmas so I think everyone was the last time everyone was well at the same time.




Third: Luke Turns 3!!

Luke's birthday is 4 days after Christmas. I never think about it until the 29th and then I have to scram to do anything. He loved his Cars "tars" and trucks from Christmas so I decided to make a cake of Lightening McQueen the race 'tar'. It turned out to be a pink race 'tar' cause I ran out of red food coloring. He didn't seem to mind because he asked me for days to make him another race 'tar' 'take'.


4 comments:

Princess Lisa said...

I loved the pics!!! I miss the kids SO much. But, I can't risk catching Polio over at your house. Not again!

Rae said...

The pictures arre just great! Hope everyone will soon be well. Kimber and her family are all sick also and they started to feel better and now it's back with them again. So take care of yourselves until you'r sure it won't come back.

I enjoyed a nice visit with Pooka and Papa. It's good to see them and I'm so impressed with how much weight Lonna has lost, she looks so great!

Guerrero Family said...

Ashlie is so interseted in your family. She can't decide if Hallie is "15 or 4", and has let me know that she has "never met those girls". And "that baby boy is really cute, kinda like Maxx." I let her know that he sleeps more than Maxx. Get Bryan to task on planning our winter party!!!

Hallie said...

Mom you have to get a pic of Jacob
in his costume he was so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!