Monday, October 20, 2008

Tagged and now what?

~Tagged about my Quirks~

The rules:
-List 6 Quirks about yourself
-Tag 6 other people
-Tell who tagged you

Tara and Breelyn tagged me!

1. I do love programming. I know this officially makes me a geek, which is why I don't really talk about it with anyone but my fellow geeks at work, my Dad and my husband. I love the feeling of working on a really hard program and finally getting it to do what you want it to do. Just FYI: I was named MVP at work this Month. I created a program that saved 2 depts tons of time.

2. I am a carb's addict and a chocoholic (See a previous post to see how much I love chocolate!!). Most people want meat at a meal to considered it a meal. Not me. I just want some kind of Bread to make my meal complete. I love breads in all shapes, flavors and textures. Bread is like wine, there is one for every meal!!

3. I am a Scrooge when it comes to money. I have been working on this one for years and I like to think I have made some progress. However, I still like to see my savings grow rather than spend it. But with 4 kids and an adorable husband this doesn't happen all that often. I am trying to find the invisible line between being "Scroogey" cheap and being a responsible saver.

4. I love to Read. I do love to read but since I am so cheap I don't like to spend money on books unless I know it is a good book I will read over and over. (ie Harry Potter and the Twilight Series). I mostly borrow books from my Mom (which means I read alot of LDS fiction that is entertaining, but hardly any substance) and from the library. There is just something about a good book that pulls me into an alternate universe that is so much more appealing to me than a good movie.

5. I have a love/hate relationship with the Shower. I love showering because I love to be clean and occasionally I find it relaxing. I hate showering because it takes time, I am cold when I get out, the water drys out my skin which makes me itch and I am allegric to most shampoo's and all body washes. I can never have the stuff that smells good.

6. I have to fall asleep before my husband. I feel safe and relaxed if I fall asleep first. Most nights this is not a problem because Bryan always watches his sports shows before he goes to bed and I just go to sleep during that. However, there are times that he falls asleep first. It then takes me hours to fall asleep. I have to have the TV on and my feet under the covers. Even then every time I hear a noise the adrenaline enters my system and I am up for another 30 mins at least!!

7. I am severely allergic to Formaldehyde. Also known as Quaterium-15, DMDM Hydantoin, Imidazolidinyl urea, Bromonitroproanediol, Oxymethuylene, Methanal, and Formalin. My skin cracks open, bleeds and itches. This is really a pain in the butt because Formaldehyde is found everything!! For example Clothes, Makeup, Shampoo, Soaps, Deodorant,Lotion, Cleaning agents to name a few. DMDM Hydantoin is the most common one found in almost all Shampoo's and soaps. I feel like I spend half my time reading labels to see if I can even use the product. The sales lady at Bath and Body works wanted to let me try some lotion. Just before she poured it on my hands I had tell her I needed to read the label first. I bet she thought that was quirky!!! ( By the way I wonder what my funeral will be like? Will there be an open casket? I mean can you imagine what I must look like with all that Formaldehyde in my system! )

I tag Heidi, Melissa, Hallie, Amy, and Mom (as if).

3 comments:

Rae said...

Great Blog. I didn't know half these things about you. Great!

the Cheerful Optimist said...

Chocoholic, Scrooge, Allergist, what a combo. Rather than save money buy more chocolate and a new body. I knew you got a big kick out of programming. I just knew it! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Who are you. I had no idea.