Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Jaw Surgery

Today is Day 6 Post Jaw Surgery for Bryan. (For those not in the know, he had his top Jaw Sawed Off is Skull, then cut apart to widen it and reattached to his skull. When they reattached it they moved it forward to fix his under bit. And since his Doctor was trigger happy, he widen his nose septum and pulled out some sinus polyps while he was in there!!) Now doesn't that sound like fun. His surgery was suppose to only take 2hr 15 minutes ( at least that is how long they booked the OR), but he ended up being in there 4 hrs!! I was starting to get a little anxious. He then spent another 1 hr in recovery. When he finally got into his room he was still so out of it from the anesthesia that it took him another 2 hours to really wake up.

He is doing much better today. His face is not bruised at all, which surprised me. He is just really swollen. I have a before and after picture but I think he would kill me if I posted it. You will just have to come over and see it yourself.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for visiting and thinking of him. And special thanks Mom and Dad and Mom H. for watching the kids while I stayed with Bryan!! I know it has been a crazy week what with the Twins arriving too!!

Here is a cute picture of Jacob in the Shower, since I can't post one of Bryan to go along with this!!

7 comments:

Lonna said...

Poor Bryan! It has been a tough go but he has been in really good spirits about it. Sure...the drugs help. He look better than I thought he would too.
Jacob is so cute! He looks a lot like Sydney there.

Rae said...

I thought I had a hard time with my little bit of oral surgery, boy, was I ever mistaken. Hope he continues to improve and that all goes well. Hope you are doing well too! Jacob is too cute! But he's getting so big and I haven't even seen him.
By the way I can't just pop in to see the pictures, so the least you could do is post them for me!!

Princess Lisa said...

Bryan looks a lot smaller...he looks like Jacob. Was this a shrinking surgery? It worked!

Bryan said...

Thanks everyone. But I'm mad that Natalie didn't post the picture of me in the shower. It was a really cute pic.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what am I? Chopped liver?? I want to call it last thursday when I watched your kids at 6:30 in the morning!!! Where was my shout out?? Huh???

Lonna said...

Clearly Natalie you do not realize the sacrifce of Shawna. 6:30 AM!!! That is when she usually goes to bed!!!!

Unknown said...

Now Natalie, Bryan is in a weakened condition so now is the time to post the pictures because he can't do anything about it. Plus who doesn't want to see those pictures.